Service Technicians ensure our company delivers the highest quality customer service and support. Service Technicians are responsible for servicing copier and multifunctional office solutions for customers including diagnostics and repair of equipment, as required.
This includes the skills and capabilities to build, install, maintain and support document solutions ranging in sophistication from small to high volume multifunctional products (MFP). In addition, this role works with technical staff advising on how best to implement the hardware aspects of an MFP in development and has an in-depth knowledge and understanding of digital computer controlled systems, production processes and associated metrics, software configuration management, software quality assurance, acceptance test and evaluation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the President, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Troubleshoot and repair or replace equipment components as necessary.
- Installing, servicing and maintaining Hartman Business Machines multi-functional products at customer's premises within specified guidelines and towards total customer satisfaction.
- Accurately reporting all activities and time using a standard methodology to ensure accurate customer billings and internal records.
- Responsible for asset management of assigned parts, tools and other company property.
- Preventative and emergency servicing of equipment in field.
- Interact with customer support and/or external customers for the purpose of determining service needs on equipment.
- Provide operator training on assigned products or arrange for the Customer Support Representative to train when possible.
- Present a professional image in all interactions with customers and other departments.
- Meet and exceed all standards required by Hartman such as, first time fix and parts inventory management.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction with the service performed is maintained.
- Provide the call center with service call data.
- Process all required paperwork associated with service of equipment.
- Provide the sales team with one sales lead per quarter as required.
- Providing timely and courteous customer service.
Experience and Skills:
- A university or college diploma/degree is preferred
- Previous field experience on Ricoh and/or other copiers/printers
- Minimum of 1-2 years in the copier industry
- Understanding of PC environments
- Strong customer service and support skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Requires a valid driver's license
- Network troubleshooting skills
- Proven organization, project management and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated professional judgment
- Negotiable based on skills and experience.
- Car Allowance $350.00 (or use of company car) + Business Use gas.
- Business Use Only Cell
Stretch your reach, expand your potential and be rewarded for making an extraordinary contribution on our team by applying with your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources at
Fax: (250) 388-5757
Mail: Human Resources - Hartman Business Machines, 3378 Tennyson Ave., Victoria, BC, V8Z-3P6
Hartman Business Machines is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.